Cosmetics makes wonders: proper makeup helps to emphasize advantages
and hide disadvantages, sometimes even real age.
Top makeup artist Katrina Gimazetdinova is one of the best professionals in Dubai and she gives our dear readers her recommendations and pieces of advice. You will know about all makeup trends in 2020, the most important rules in this process and of course how to avoid mistakes.
And we don’t forget about her favorite products, thanks to which makeup is impeccable.
Ready? Read and be inspired!
Makeup trends 2020
- Neon bright eyes.
The neon eye makeup will be perfect option for their bright shades. It is also a big chance to spice up MAKE-UP look this season. Besides, there’re so many bright neon colors to choice like pink, teal, green, purple and yellow.
All kinds of neon eye makeup will be able to give an attractive look in any occasion.
- Wet-look lips.
The effect of wet lips is now in high esteem. Lip balms and lip glosses will be very trendy in 2020. Lightweight, completely non-sticky, these nude products look absolutely natural. This is another makeup option for every day. Take note!
- Metallic is in clothes, shoes, manicure, and now in makeup.
The main emphasis is on the eyes. It can be a flickering haze on the eyelids, pearlescent glare on the inner corners of the eyes, variations of smoky eyes in silver or bold «metal» arrows. Just notice, in fashion it is cold silver shine, gold and bronze that go by the wayside.
- 4. Makeup – no makeup.
This trend will never exhaust itself. The natural radiance of well-kept skin attracts much more attention thanheavy contouring, which makes the face almost unrecognizable.
- Cherry lips.
Makeup with red lipstick is also in the list of fashion trends 2020, which is represented by a rich cherry color. Cherry can be translucent, closer to pink tones, dense and saturated, «electric» or with pronounced burgundy undertones. The texture of the lipstick can also be any: matte, glossy, with small sparkles.
The main thing is that the contour of the lips is not clear and expressive, but slightly blurry, like after kisses. By the way, the lack of contour is the main trend in lip makeup 2020.
I want to describe my favorite makeup products because they are worth trying. If I can help someone to feel more comfortable and confident concerning the skin they have, I’ll be happy. Obviously, my favorite ones are always changing, but most of these products I’m sharingnow are my products that I’ve purchased again and again.
I have two foundations that I LOVE. I’ve tried probably more than 20 different foundations from high end to low end. The only two I can recommend are Estee Lauders Double Wear and Shiseido Future Solution. The Estee Lauder foundation stays on ALL DAY. It lasts like no other foundation I’ve ever tried. It also stays matte in hot weather. Shiseido Foundation Ilike in winter time because it gives you a healthy glow even if your skin is suffering from the weather. And it gives a very smooth and glowing finishing, plus it gives anti-aging and hydration benefits, because this is a foundation and a skincare.
Now it will be about a powder, I surely recommend the Laura Mercier louse transparent setting powder. I find it holds the makeup in place, doesn’t crease, and helps skin stay matte without looking cakey.
Up next, my favorite bronzer for years has been Tom Ford Soleil Glow Bronzer, available in 2 shades Terra (matte) and Gold Dust (shimmer). I love this bronzer most of all. Contouring, warming up around the hairline, jawline, anywhere. You can even use this on your eyes in the crease to give some definition. It doesn’t look muddy on any skin tone.
For eyes I like using Dolce and Gabbana liquid eyeliner, Black or Earth Brown eyeliner. But, mascara. I will only use Dior Overcurl and Tomford Extreme I LOVE these two mascaras!
And Of course eye shadows Tom Ford are my favorite. They really have a huge collection of colors. I love all of them. And white or nude eye pencil which I am using for inside eye of course its Dolce and Gabbana.
Finally, lips! I love using lip liners because lipstick will not last more and make lips look more perfect. I love the Dolce and Gabbana lip liners. My favorite color is 4.
And for a lipstic I love the YSL Tatouage Couture, Dior and Tom Ford lipsticks.
Mistakes in makeup:
- Match the foundation sample on your neck instead of your arm — your neck is a closer to match to your facetone.
- Liquid liner should only be used for the top lids. If you want to line the bottom, a pencil works much better. But don’t forget to smudge it out a little!
- Most women pick a wrong foundation shade. When I worked in a beauty store, a lot of light-skinned women picked darker foundations to make themselves look tanner, but it just gave an orange, caked-on look, and dark-skinned women typically wanted to shade so they chose too light foundations for their skin, giving them a gray look to their face.
- Not taking your makeup off at night. Sleeping in your makeup ages your skin by seven days!
- Drawing your eyebrows too close together.
- Not exfoliating your lips before applying a matte lipstick. If you have the time, put some heavy duty lip balm on — this way, your lipstick will glide on smoother and not look dried or cracked.
A flawless, radiating face is a dream of each woman, but it’s not that easy to achieve. You need to take extra care of your face on regular basis, and go extra mile to maintain it.
- Sleep enough: Let’s start from the basics. Irrespective of all the products you are using, it is really important to have at least eight hours of sleeping time…it’s irreplaceable. It’s the only time when your body gets to relax and work on repairing the damaged cells. Plus, it prevents dark circles, eye puffiness and avoids premature aging.
- Drink a lot of water: This one sound simple, but is most conveniently avoided. Water keeps your skin hydrated, that in turns help to push toxins out of your body, Plus, it work wonders for your metabolism and aids digestion. Your daily water intake must be at least eight glasses to increase your fluid consumption.
- Always follow skin care outline: When you are done with removing every inch of make-up, it’s the time to head for your cleansing, toning and moisturizingregimen. It is a golden rule to wake up with gorgeous skin, and requires just a few minutes every day. Cleansing helps to remove all the dirt that you have accumulated in the entire day. A good toner will help to remove whatever dirt, oil and debris that have been left behind by the cleanser. Plus, it plays a great role in soothing and hydrating the skin. Most importantly, it helps in restoring the pH balance of your skin and closes the open pores.
- Remove your makeup before going to sleep: It is very important to remove makeup before going to bed – it can cause extensive damage to your skin during the night. The skin renews itself while you sleep, and when you leave makeup on, you are preventing that from happening. The skin ceases to breathe and fatigue signs appear soon enough as most makeup is made of oily substances, when it stays on for the next day, it clogs your pores and leads to the appearance of more acne and blackhead breakouts. Makeup residue and the substances that make your make up can also cause many skin imperfections, when left for hours on end during the night. That’s why it is important to use a makeup remover before going to bed, and then moisturizing your face to help your skin breathe right.
- Use a sunscreen: This step is a vital rule to live by for everyone. Wearing sunscreen is something most people of all ages don’t think about regularly. However, the sun truly damages your skin – even if you’re only outside for a few minutes a day! You may not see the results immediately, but sun damage will lead to dark spots, wrinkles, bad texture, and in some cases skin cancer. It is never too late to add this preventative step into your beauty routine!
- Physical Activity: Whether its aerobics, yoga, walking, jogging or skipping, any kind of exercise that interests you, should be on your priority list for a healthy skin, and its benefits do not need to be emphasized! It helps to improve blood circulation and helps in pushing the toxins out of your body. Start taking stairs instead of elevators or escalators, and try walking to nearby places instead of taking your own vehicle. You will start burning calories even before realizing it.
- Eat Healthy: Try switching to healthy alternatives in your daily lifestyle, and you will start noticing the results within a span of 10-15 days. For instance, green tea is loaded with skin-friendly anti-oxidants, and is a great option to replace your daily cups coffee and tea. Start replacing fruits with your daily dose of chips, cupcakes and cookies. Also, if possible, give jaggery or honey a try as a substitute for sugar.
Contacts for cooperation